Top 10 Tusk Competition 2018
Results of 2018 competition
|Feb 2018||Paul Kearins||21||Te Kuiti|
Results of 2017 competition
|August 2017||Nick Salkeld||23 4/8||Peninsula PHC|
|June 2017||Lucas Arundel||22 7/8||Coromandel|
|July 2017||Richard Harding||22 6/8||Peninsula PHC|
|Sept 2017||K Reade||21 6/8||Tainui PHC|
|August 2017||Nick Jensen||20 7/8||Coromandel|
|June 2017||Steven Berghan||20 1/8||Coromandel|
|January 2017||Craig Simpson||20||Te Kuiti|
|May 2017||James Corban||19 6/8||Penninsula PHC|
|June 2017||Rick Bayliss||19 4/8||Te Kuiti|
|August 2017||Nick Salkeld||19 3/8||Peninsula PHC|
Results of 2016 competition
|March 2016||Tony Bryant||23 5/8||Te Kuiti|
|September||Willie Kemp||23 5/8||Te Kuiti|
|July 2016||Nick Brown||22 2/8||Dinsdale|
|June 2016||Dan Pilkington||22 1/8||Dinsdale|
|October 2-16||Michael Inglis||21 6/8||South Canterbury|
|July 2016||Mathew Miller||21 6/8||Southern|
|April 2016||Ian Hogg||21 4/8||Clinton|
|September||Geoff Fitzgerald||21 4/8||Tokora|
|July 2016||Andrew Hamilton||21 3/8||Te Kuiti|
|August 2016||Keith Robinson||21 3/8||Te Aroha|
Results of 2015 competition
|September 2015||K Schroeder||22 4/8||Peninsula Club|
|July 2015||Dean Lupton||21 5/8||Te Kuiti|
|January 2015||Mark Giddens||21 3/8||Hawkes Bay|
|August 2015||C Henderson||21 2/8||Omaru|
|May 2015||Joe Steel||21 1/8||Turangi|
|August 2015||R Zehnder||21 1/8||Tainui|
|June 2015||Mark Davies||20 7/8||Coromandel|
|June 2015||Steve Wilson||20 4/8||Tainui|
|July 2015||Pat Kennedy||20 2/8||Hawkes Bay|
|May 2015||Ron Knight||20 1/8||Te Aroha|
Results of 2014 competition
|July 2014||23 1/8||John Thom||Waitomo|
|22 5/8||Mark Watkins||Hawkes Bay|
|September 2014||22 2/8||Luke Fenton||Coromandel|
|June 2014||22 1/8||Papatu Simpson||Waitara|
|22 1/8||Damon McDonald||Hikuai|
|July 2014||22||Lukas Arundel||Coromandel|
|June 2014||21 3/8||Shaun Monk||Horotata|
|April 2014||21 2/8||Ian Hogg||Catlins|
|August 2014||21 2/8||Ken Legan||Coromandel|
|21 1/8||Tony Warren||Matiere|
Results of 2013 competition
|August 2013||25 4/8||Darren Ward||Whareorino|
|July 2013||23||Michael Cox||Opononi|
|July 2013||22 3/8||Tom Brough||Te Kuiti|
|September 2013||22||Daniel Hutchinson||Mahoenui|
|December 2013||21 7/8||John Thom||Te Kuiti|
|August 2013||21 2/8||Carl Corbett||Kopu|
|September 2013||21 2/8||Shaun Makara||Mahoenui|
|August 2013||21||Spider Wenzlik||Kopu|
|July 2013||20 5/8||Karl Orthall||Opononi|
|October 2013||20 2/8||Matthew Tocker||Gladstone|
Undrawn Tusk Competition Rules
The New Zealand Pig Hunting Association (NZPHA) in conjunction with Ridgeline are setting up a biggest set of undrawn tusks competition.
- Open only to members of the NZPHA.
- No Entry fee.
- Minimum age for entrants to be 15
- No limit to the number of jaws a competitor can enter.
- Only one prize: The biggest set measured.
- No team entries, 1 name per measurement
- Annual competition running from 1st January and closing 31st December for pigs caught in that calendar year.
- Tusks can be from Wild Boars or Wild Barrows. No sows tusks.
- All pigs to be wild ( born in the wild, lived in the wild & caught in the wild) No domesticated type eligible.
- Tusks to be measured undrawn using the NZDA method for Undrawn Tusks.
- The jaw to be measured to be still attached to the head.
- Tusks to be measured by a Ridgeline Pig Hunting Competition judge or a committee member of the NZPHA or the club measurer of a NZPHA affiliated club.
- Any club jaw measured as being over 25" or the annual competition winning jaw, if that jaw should not measure above 25' then those jaws have to be re measured by either a Ridgeline Pig Hunting Competition judge or a committee member of the NZPHA
- If more than one set record the same measurement then the first recorded takes the higher honour.
- In the event of a dispute, the decision of the President of NZPHA is Final and No correspondence will be entered into.
- Top 10 results to be updated monthly on the NZPHA website and in the "Hooked on Boars" pig hunting magazine.
- Prize to be a embroidered jacket sponsored by the NZPHA and Ridgeline
- All participants enter at their risk. The NZPHA and Ridgeline will Not be held responsible for any injuries or misadventure.