How to develop a beneficial relationship between land owners and hunters
- The right bike for you. It's risky for kids under 16 years old to ride an adult sized farm quad bike, so make sure you ride a quad bike designed especially for you.
- When you're riding a quad bike, remember to look where you're going - just like you would on your own bike at home.
- Wear a helmet and boots. This is really important to keep you safe. You can also wear other gear like goggles and gloves, but a helmet and boots are a must.
- Learn to ride a quad bike properly. Ask an experienced person to show you how to ride a quad bike - it might look easy but there's a lot to think about!
- Think about where you're going. Make sure you think about where you're heading and where you're allowed to go, and keep to the speed limit.
- Don't carry passengers or loads. This might affect the way the bike handles - if you need help ask an adult.
- Let people know where you're going and when you think you'll be back. Always tell someone where you're going in case you get lost or injured.